Was under the weather and getting over jet lag since I’ve been here but here are some interesting things I’ve learned about Malawi since being here:
- Malawi is now the poorest country in the world by GDP!
- 40% of its budget comes from foreign developmental aid
- Simple English is commonly spoken
- The famous missionary doctor David Livingstone resided here
- The people here are friendly and very hospitable
I’ll end with paraphrasing an intriguing quote from locals that our missionary friend Kellen Hiroto shared when were discussing punctuality and the common view on time:
“You [foreigners] have many watches but no time. We Malawians have no watches and all the time in the world!”